Date(s) - 10/10/2017
10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Interphone will be hosting a morning seminar on how to make sure your gates are installed and/or maintained by qualified professionals, and the issues surrounding the safety. Our guest speaker will include the CEO and Founder Richard Jackson of Gate Safe, a charity set-up to raise awareness of safety issues associated with powered gates and improve the understanding of existing legislation and standards.
Date: 10th October 2017
Venue: Interphone Limited, 1st Floor, 12 – 22 Herga Road, Harrow HA3 5AS (15 min on the fast train from London Euston station)
Timings: Join us from 10:30 with coffee and presentations followed by lunch
We will also be joined by one of our partners, Genie CCTV Ltd. Genie’s Automatic Number Plate Recognition system (GANPR) uses the latest technology in high powered IR LED illuminators to provide high quality number plate and CCTV overview images in a compact, lightweight, one box solution. Join us to understand how this system can control and operate electronic barriers and gates and provide real-time database checks, alarms triggers and notifications all adding extra layers of security to your site.
Did you know… that it’s been estimated that over 90% of the gates in the UK are unsafe and require safety upgrade?
- Since 2006, there have been 10 incidents where people have been seriously injured or tragically killed by unsafe gates, with 6 of these occurring in managed housing developments
- There have been a further 14 incidents where gates and barriers have fallen or collapsed due to poor construction resulting in significant injuries or fatalities
- All the injuries and deaths could have been prevented with the application of the correct safety protocol
- Receive fines for unsafe gates of up to £60,000, be at risk of civil claims, and even face prosecution for corporate manslaughter
- Not all installers are professionally-trained in the field of gate automation, so many are totally unaware of the associated legislation